It's finally fall, and many local families are looking for ways to make the most of the season. The weather may not be cool yet, but that doesn't mean you can't get out and embrace all the festive seasonal fun happening Fall 2019!
Here are 5 ways to celebrate fall in Jacksonville this year:
- Pumpkin Patches & Farms: Amazing Grace Crop Maze is the perfect place to take the whole family. Attractions include corn mazes, corn crib, corn hole, cow train, duck races, hay ride, mini hay bale maze, pumpkin patch, and Rat Rollers. If you're looking for more of a challenge, Sykes Family Farms will feature a 9-acre maze full of cornfusing twists and turns!
- Kid-Friendly Halloween Events: This Fall, the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens invites children of all ages to join in on their annual Spooktacular event. The Zoo and Gardens will be transformed into a Halloween spectacular with trick-or-treating, scare zones, and a chance to see animals at night! If you're looking for something a little more low-key, Sensory Towne will be having a pumpkin painting party on October 15th. Reservations are required.
- Fall Festivals & Carnivals: Alimacani Elementary School will be hosting its annual Fall Carnival this year on October 12th. This event is open to the public, and will feature carnival games, treats, a rock climbing wall, and much more! Florida’s Largest Oktoberfest is happening this year on October 12 & 13 in Jacksonville Beach. This event is free and will have three stages of entertainment, your favorite local food trucks, and 30 different types of beer to try.
- Thrill for Teens and Adults: Halloween isn't only for the little ones in life. Teens can come out to Haunt Nights at Adventure Landing for 4 self-guided, dark attractions. Riverside's Amazing Boo’s and Brew Halloween Scavenger Hunt/Crawl is the perfect parents' night out. Guests will be will be hunting for clues, crawling to bars and playing drinking game challenges along the way. The hunt takes 3 hours, so comfortable shoes are highly recommended.
- Trick-or-Treating: Last, but not least, we can't forget one of the best things about Halloween- all the candy! Jacksonville Business Connections invites guests to the Spooky Halloween Bash at the Hall of Fame located in World Golf Village. There will be over 30 vendors handing out candy to the kids, as well as 100 free treat bags to give away. Freedom Crossing Academy will be having a Trunk or Treat, perfect for the whole family, on October 19th from 4-6 p.m.
Having access to so many fun and interesting fall festivities is just one of the many benefits to living in eTown. A PARC Group development, eTown is conveniently located between the St. Johns Town Center and Flagler Center on 9B (I-295), just minutes away from many of these fall-time events and activities mentioned above. To see what we mean, check out the interactive maps of Discover eTown. Happy Fall, y'all!
Have any more to add to this list? Please share your fun spook-tacular or kid-friendly events below.
For more information about eTown, visit etownjax.com, call 904-559-1330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.